Posts Tagged ‘airtime balance check’
Al information obtained from the Vodacom website:
What is ‘Vodacom Talking Points’?
Vodacom Talking Points is Vodacom’s Loyalty Programme exclusively for Vodacom South Africa Prepaid customers. The Programme allows Prepaid Customers to earn points for every recharge, which can be exchanged for rewards when sufficient points have been accumulated.
- R29 airtime voucher
- R49 SMS Voucher
- R55 airtime voucher
- R110 airtime voucher
- Points will be automatically earned on recharges and SMS bundle purchases. (See terms & conditions for recharges that are excluded from earning Points)
- 1 point will be earned for every R10 spent on a recharge. These points will be calculated by dividing the recharge amount by 10 where after the amount will be rounded to the nearest whole number.
- For example:
- A R12 recharge earns 1 point
- A R29 recharge earns 3 points
- A R55 recharge earns 6 points
- A R110 recharge earns 11 points
- A R275 recharge earns 28 points
- A R1000 recharge earned 100 points
- A R49 SMS voucher earns 5 points
- No registration is required to earn points.
- Points will accumulate for a period of 18 months. Points that are older than 18 months and that have not been exchanged for rewards will be forfeited.
- Points will be retained when changing from one prepaid price plan to another eg from Vodago to 4U; however, all accumulated points will be forfeited when converting to a contract tariff package eg Talk 100 or Family Top Up.
- Points can be exchanged when your Talking Points balance reaches any one of the following levels:
- 150 points
- 250 points
- 500 points
- 1000 points
- 1500 points
- 2000 points
- You are required to Register before points earned can be exchanged. Registration can be done via Vodacom’s Call Centre (082 114) or a participating Vodacom outlet. The following information will be required:
- Cellphone Number
- Name, Title and Initials
- ID number
- Postal Address
- The following can be exchanged for your points:
Points accumulated SMS Bundles On-Net Airtime Discounts Cellphones 150 150 Free SMS Bundle valid for 90 days 10% discount on Vodacom to Vodacom calls for 90 days None 250 300 Free SMS Bundle valid for 90 days 15% discount on Vodacom to Vodacom calls for 90 days None 500 750 Free SMS Bundle valid for 90 days 20% discount on Vodacom to Vodacom calls for 90 days None 1000 Any combination of the above that make up the number of Point to be redeemed Any combination of the above that make up the number of Point to be redeemed Selected Cellphones 1500 Any combination of the above that make up the number of Point to be redeemed Any combination of the above that make up the number of Point to be redeemed Selected Cellphones 2000 Any combination of the above that make up the number of Point to be redeemed Any combination of the above that make up the number of Point to be redeemed Selected Cellphones
- Points can be exchanged for any combination of rewards based on the number of points accumulated. E.g. If you have 500 points you have the option to exchange your points for:
- Three 150 Free SMS bundle (150 Points per bundle) – Total of 450 points OR
- Two 300 Free SMS bundle (250 Points per bundle) – Total of 500 points OR
- A 300 Free SMS bundle (250 Points) and a 15% discount on Vodacom calls (250 Points) – Total of 500 Points OR
- A 750 Free SMS bundle (500 Points) OR
- A 20% discount on Vodacom calls (500 Points) OR
- Two 150 Free SMS bundle (150 Points per bundle) and a 10% discount on Vodacom calls (150 Points) – Total of 450 Points
- SMS’ can be used for National SMS’ only
- Premium rated and International SMS’ are excluded
- Free SMS’ can be used over a 90 day period.
- You will receive reminder at least 14 days prior to the expiry of the SMS bundle.
- If you already have a Talking Points FREE SMS bundle on your prepaid account and you exchange points for another Talking Points FREE SMS bundle, the new bundle of SMS’s will be added to the existing bundle, for example: A 250 Talking Points SMS bundle was redeemed on 1 August 2006. You have 100 SMS’s left of your Talking Points SMS bundle that expires on the 90th day being 29 October 2006. On 28 October you redeem another 150 Talking Points SMS bundle, therefore you will have 100 SMS’s from 1 August 2006 plus the 150 SMS’s redeemed on 28 October 2006. The total number of SMS’s (100 +150 = 250) will expire on 28 January 2007.
- When making use of Free Change to move from 4U to Vodago, the discount will remain in place. E.g if you are on a 4U tariff plan and redeems points for a 15 % discount on 4U, and you use Free change to migrate from 4U to Vodago, you will be migrated to Vodago with a 15% discount for a remainder of the discount period, and will revert back to the standard Vodago tariff once the discount period has expired.
- If you already have an airtime discount loaded on their prepaid account you will not be permitted to exchange points for additional airtime discount until the airtime discount period of 90 days has expired.
For a comprehensive list of cellphones that can be exchanged for points visit a participating Vodacom Outlet or call 082 2411 082.
- Login to Vodacom4Me
- Call 082 2411 082 free from your Vodacom Cellphone
- Visit any participating Vodacom Outlet
- Dial *111# from your Prepaid Cellphones and select Talking Points from the menu